Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys, I love this site dispite I'm currently a honda driver. A friend of mine is doing some maintanece on his 97 ES and he asked me if Lexus has any specific fluilds or filters that need to be purchased from dealer. As you know, Honda has their own trans fluid, and BMW and ford has their power steering.

In the end can you guys post up what the 97 ES 300 needs for 90,000 mile maintanence from the dealer? or just specify that you can purchase most of the parts from a performance shop. I'm in Hawaii (he's in cali) so i dont' exactly know any of the shops(autozone) real good.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well, since Es300 are the same thing as camry's, I don't think it'll hurt him to use autozone's stuff. I'm not sure what needs to be done for the 90k tune-up, but I would use mostly toyota parts and fluids. My tranny fluid is by toyota, and just about everything else. The only thing that I use on my car (sc400) that's not from toyota is the motor oil and filter. It's not always wise to go cheap. I use mobil 1 10w-30, and mobil 1 filter. Try www.clublexus.com , they have alot of useful info there and I'm also a member of that site. If not all, most of his question can be answered there. :thumbup:

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
i personally pick up any fuel filter, any air element filter (minus fran), do a tranny flush (toyota tranny fluid is what use..but any comprable is just as good). Only thing i'd only go lexi/toyota is their coolant. You have two choices a. long life coolant (red) good for 1.5 years, b. long life coolant (pink stuff) great for beyond years. For plugs, use denso iridium..i think i basically covered most of it? ( i think) minus the boring small stuff (replace fluids...)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.