Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I put the shift stick of my 97 ES300 (Windom) to the Reverse ("R") position, an intermittent and rather loud "beep-beep..." sound is heard. I found this beep sound annoying. How can I disable this sound?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Does it sound like one of those truck backing up beeping sounds? If it does sound like it, I'm not sure if the es300's acme w/ a beeping sound thingy but they do sell those beepers at stores and if your not the first owner, then the previous owner may have installed that in.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it does sound like those truck backing up beeping sound. The sound comes from the front and inside of the car. I tried to locate the beeper but could not found it. I bought the car second hand so am not the first owner.

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
it is an aftermarket warning beeper.....try looking at ur battery terminals...its gonna need a source of power somehow and the unit may be wired to the battery....track the source of the unit from there perhaps.....

·
Not so Noob now!
570 Posts
It's going to be wired to the reverse lights. Many of those replace one of the reverse light bulbs. Pull them out and check.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all your advice.

The beep sound appears to come from inside of the car and from the front. It seems the beep is meant to alert the driver that the car is in reverse gear.

I tried putting it to reverse gear and went out of the car, the beep was very weak when heard from the outside.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Must have been a old persons car :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You are right! I was told that the car belonged to an old man befoer I bought it :) I don't need to reverse beep warning yet :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts