Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. Well I went and hydro-locked my corolla, lol sent a rod straight on through the block. A horrible shame she had only 87,000 original miles too. It's a manual transmission, and thank goodness that's just fine.
I'm not wanting to lift it Monster Truck size or nothing, maybe just a ground clearance 12" or so.
Now, I'm sure your thinking why a corolla? Well, this car was passed down and its very sentimental to me. Heck, I enjoy driving it too, but I'm up in age and 6'4" and have difficulty getting in and out of it. So I figure why not, lol it'll sure be something to talk about. I'll be content if it top-ends at 80mph. Now with that in mind and Please be kind...

Can anyone please help me figure out what size motor Toyota or Lexus will bolt on up to that manual transmission? Will I need to fabricate or is there longer CV axles that will interchange with that transmission?
Thank you, in advance for any and all help.

·
Registered
1997 Corolla
5,624 Posts
Maybe the 1998 and up 1.8 engine.

·
Registered
777 Posts
A 15 litre Caterpillar if you have the skill needed.

Reactions: Pete Suhman

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, I certainly appreciate it. I spoke with with an old friend of mine who owns a junkyard and offered to with my build. I'll post pictures when I'm done. The only thing wrong with the 1.8l I pulled from the car is big old hole in the block and #4 cylinder . If anyone is needing parts, id be happy to send them to you at the cost of shipping.

·
Registered
1997 Corolla
4,505 Posts
Someone has lifted a 6th gen Corolla wagon, maybe more than one person. Since the bottom of the frame is pretty much the same as a sedan, it should be possible. I see no reason why you couldn't lift a 7th gen. It's just a matter of time, money and effort.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts