Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi... I have a 97 RAV4 with 137K miles, manual transmission. For about six months now I've had an issue with the engine having a hard time starting in the morning... then it got worse and would do it with the engine warm. GOt a check engine light and replaced EGR valve and modulator, also cleaned throttle body. that took care of the the check engine light, but the car still stalls and now the idle goes all over the place.

I've replaced the idle control valve, checked ignition coils and throttle position sensor.... vacuum lines seem ok, but going to do a thorough inspection of them tomorrow. I'm also going to do a valve cover gasket replacement (oil leak) and put in new plugs and wires.

anyone else have this problem???

·
Registered
88 Cressida
36 Posts
what was the code that appeared when the check engine light went on? did you checked the PCV valve already?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what was the code that appeared when the check engine light went on? did you checked the PCV valve already?
code was PO401 insufficient EGR flow. my mechanic replaced egr modulator and valve/switch. he also cleaned the throttle body. still didn't work. so I replaced IAC. and yes, I put in a new PCV valve.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts