Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I previously owned a 03 xcab 4x4 v6 Trd and sold it due to financial woes.....bought a full size and now recently purchased a 1997 Tacoma xcab v6 4x4 sr5 auto.

I bought the truck off ebay in Cleveland and me and a friend flew out and drove it home! This isnt the first vehicle i had purchased off Ebay and ive had good luck so far!

Long story short, I picked up the truck and started the 850 mile journey home....truck ran like a top, dark was nearing and low and behold the dash lights dont work. Pulled over and checked all fuses with no luck. The next night i was working late and was just leaving..... then went to stop and no brakes. Next morning looked and found a hole in the line.

After this happening i took it to my neighbor which is a mechanic at a local Chevy dealer and he has been trying to figure out the dash lights for the last two nights without any luck! He had unplugged each individual item in the wiring while testing to figure the problem with no luck!
The only thing he thought it might be is in the guage cluster itself.

Has anyone had similar problems with Dash/Hvac light's?

I think i bought a lemon LOL! HELP PLEASE

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dimmer is up all of the way and we also checked the dimmer. The weird thing is the test light light up bright on power and lit dim on the ground side.

The mechanic said it almost seemed as if the power was jumping somewhere in the wiring. Very frustrating to say the least!:censor:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.