Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello 4Runner enthusiasts!

Had check engine code P0770. Was told it was a transmission pan selenoid. Bought all 3 OEM from a reputable yard.
Tested them for continuity and also for clicking sound when hooked up to 12 V battery. Carefully changed them and after pan reinstall my vehicle is stuck in park.

I checked stop light fuse and brake light switch. Both work. Everything worked before changing selenoids.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks friends.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Did you test the old solenoids after removal?

Sounds like you missed something during installation or didn't connect something correctly. Repeat... start over and check all your work again.

Is the shifter locked in park? Manually unlock it and see if it drives. Or, does the shifter move and vehicle stays locked in park?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply.

Shifter is locked in park. Shifter over ride button won't take it out of park either. Thought about taking it apart to check my work.

Perhaps they were installed in the wrong order? I thought each would only fit in one position.

Is it possible to reinstall all of them double check (placement) and start vehicle and try shifting before reinstalling transmission pan without damaging anything? I don't want to have to keep dropping trans pan.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts