Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to replace the front two struts on my 98 Avalon XL, but while trying to search for the parts i cant seem to find any, i can only find quick struts for a 98 camry. i dont know if theyre the same thing basically or not, also i saw some bad reviews for the monroe quick struts which was the brand i was most likely going to get. if someone could suggest a better brand that they have experience with it would be greatly appreciated

·
Sir Loin of Beef
99 Avalon XLS
166 Posts
do a search of this forum, i think someone said gabriel makes them for the avalon, only a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Gabriel and Monroe make the quick struts for the Avalon. Some others swear by the Tokio blue struts which give a sportier ride, others say the KYB's are a stock replacement.

Quick struts give you a new spring, upper and lower spring insulators, strut cartridge, and mount, without the hassle of compressing the spring and switching out the strut cartridge. Usually if you start adding up all of these components, it will far out price the cost of a quick strut without the hassle. However, if all of these components are fine, then a strut cartridge may be the best solution for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts