Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 camry
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the thread size for the bolt that holds on the sensor to the knuckle? I know the head is 10mm.

·
Registered
98 1MZ 98 5SE
248 Posts
I do not know the thread type-size. when taking mine out, they snapped. I just used some lock-tite when I put the new sensor in and used zip ties in a McGuiver type of way.May be Ghetto, but has lasted at least 50,000 miles without issues. Just make sure to use 50,000 mile rated zip ties. LOL.

If you have the old bolt, just take it in to the hardware store and match it up.

Sorry for not having the exact answer. If its all a mess if a bolt broke off, you can drill and tap and dye new thread, or just drill and use a self anchoring screw.

·
Toyota Collector
11,836 Posts
90080-11357 less than a dollar at the dealer. I don't know the thread it's either M6x1.0 or M8x1.25 and the length I could only guess.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but for the sake of others who come along later as I have, I'll pitch in.

Replaced the broken bolt for the right rear abs sensor line on our 1997 Camry 2.2 LE.

71 Corolla is correct -- the P/N is 90080-11357. 84 cent part, but Toyota wanted $10 to ship. No thanks. Went to Lowe's instead.

It's an M6 1.0 12mm. The 10mm length bolt also fit, but there was still enough clearance on the strut knuckle to accommodate the 12mm length, so I used the longer bolt. Be sure to use an accompanying split washer, too. Snug/guttentite.

Thanks for all who posted prior. Helpful!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts