Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello , I'm fixing up a 98 Camry for my grandson who's to start driving soon. Having trouble with the air blowing through the vents. Had similar trouble with two other vehicles in the past and was able to remove the actuators take apart and clean the contacts inside and get them working. Not the case this time. After ohming out the selector switch contacts on the HVAC control I started my search for a replacement actuator. Prices on EBay and similar sites are ranging from $80 to $160. Looked at a 04 Camry actuator for $9.95 and another one for $14.95 on EBay but the plug is different than the 98. Got to thinking about the Lexus ES being similar to the Camry. Found a actuator for the 98 Lexus for $18.59 on EBay from A-Premium-US. These appear to be after market brand new actuators. Probably not as good as OEM but if it works I'll be happy. The plug shape is the same and has 7 pins just like the Camry. It looks like I'll have to pull off the "L" shaped lever that's stuck on the shaft so I can put on the Camry "cog"but it appears to be the same configuration with the flat spot on the round shaft. If it works I'ved saved some money. If it works or if it doesn't I plan to return to this thread and update. Thanks , BigAl

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello, this is a update to my above post about the HVAC blend door actuator for 98 Camry.
The Lexus ES actuator which I had purchased trying to fix my Camry did not work. The plug is the same the mounting is the same everything looks the same but when I plug it in it doesn't work. Now I'm not sure what's wrong with it. Next I guess I'll buy a original type actuator this supposed to fit my vehicle. Thanks, BigAl

·
Registered
Lexus
10 Posts
Sure
Hello , I'm fixing up a 98 Camry for my grandson who's to start driving soon. Having trouble with the air blowing through the vents. Had similar trouble with two other vehicles in the past and was able to remove the actuators take apart and clean the contacts inside and get them working. Not the case this time. After ohming out the selector switch contacts on the HVAC control I started my search for a replacement actuator. Prices on EBay and similar sites are ranging from $80 to $160. Looked at a 04 Camry actuator for $9.95 and another one for $14.95 on EBay but the plug is different than the 98. Got to thinking about the Lexus ES being similar to the Camry. Found a actuator for the 98 Lexus for $18.59 on EBay from A-Premium-US. These appear to be after market brand new actuators. Probably not as good as OEM but if it works I'll be happy. The plug shape is the same and has 7 pins just like the Camry. It looks like I'll have to pull off the "L" shaped lever that's stuck on the shaft so I can put on the Camry "cog"but it appears to be the same configuration with the flat spot on the round shaft. If it works I'ved saved some money. If it works or if it doesn't I plan to return to this thread and update. Thanks , BigAl
Its gonna be good

1 - 3 of 3 Posts