Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I know its not actually a distributor as such but my oil leak does appear to be dripping down from the mounting brackets for the ignition...
The motor has to run for at least 15 minutes for this leak to show up but when it does its a steady drip....under heavy acceleration it blows oil all over the engine/exhaust....

Any ideas as to how to fixthis? I had a mechanic try by changing the vc gasket........no change .....I changed the timing belt, crank, oil pump,cam seals....no change........\

So where do I go next??

·
30YRTOYOTAPARTSEXPERINCE
04 Camry; 09 Sienna
1,237 Posts
On the back of the head there is a cam plug(90339-36001) about where a distributor would go. It can and does leak from there. It is fairly inexpensive if you replace it, especailly if you are going to do a valve cover gasket, in a jam you could put some sealant on it and it will take care of it. My advice, for the money, if you are doing the V/C gasket, just splurge and replace it. It is $2.84 MSRP, so it isn't a high dollar item.

OK I know its not actually a distributor as such but my oil leak does appear to be dripping down from the mounting brackets for the ignition...
The motor has to run for at least 15 minutes for this leak to show up but when it does its a steady drip....under heavy acceleration it blows oil all over the engine/exhaust....

Any ideas as to how to fixthis? I had a mechanic try by changing the vc gasket........no change .....I changed the timing belt, crank, oil pump,cam seals....no change........\

So where do I go next??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts