Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My apologies to the mods if I'm posting this in the wrong area, I'm only a newbie.
I have a 98 corolla hatchback, and have just acquired a nice set of 16" rims with 50 series rubber, and 17" rims with 40 series. While both sets look like they will fit my car, I would definitely prefer the 17's as they are a much newer, and better quality rim and tyre. So, before I do the swap and risk damage, do I need to offset the rims at all, and by how much. Is there anyone out there "Rollin'" on 16's or 17's ...? Do they scrub? Any input is greatly appreciated.

·
2006 Corolla XRS
5,972 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I will move this thread to the right gen.

Are either sets of rims OEM or are they aftermarket? If they are factory wheels, you can find the offset and lug measurement on the inside of the wheel.

Some aftermarket wheel manufacturers do stamp this info inside the wheels also.

It's usually on the inside face of the wheel.

·
Registered
27 Posts
195 50 16 is money they fit no problem I ran them for ever on my corolla and my car is lowered I actually still have the rims with these spec winter tires on them. I currently run 205 45 17 17x7.5 with a +48mm offset. I run a custom made 7mm spacer on the rears because my car is still lowered and the way our cars tuck in the rear I needed a perfect gap from the fender. But if I was running 17x7 wouldn't be a problem. But like 75aces said check for your offset first, compare it to your existing and figure out the width.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts