Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know how to replace a broken handle on Siennas rear sliding door. I have been searching all over web, but to no evail.I would like to fix it my self,because dealer wants to take me to the cleaners with an estimate of over $400 dollars Canadian.:confused: :sosad:

·
rwd_3tc
120 Posts
well i like in toronto area if you need it fixed i'll charge you a $100 you supply the parts. i work at a toyota dealership

·
Registered
1 Posts
Spudster said:
Does anybody know how to replace a broken handle on Siennas rear sliding door. I have been searching all over web, but to no evail.I would like to fix it my self,because dealer wants to take me to the cleaners with an estimate of over $400 dollars Canadian.:confused: :sosad:
I have no advice for how to get this fixed cheaply, but I feel your pain. BOTH of my '99 Sienna's door locks failed within a month of each other. 300 bucks a pop at the time. Van handles should not be made of plastic, IMHO.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I replaced both interior sliding door mechanisms, one outside handle and one rear hatch handle. They're real easy to do. If you can change your oil, you can do this. They each take about 30 minutes at the most to do. Don't be intimidated.

I think the outside handle was $90.00 from Toyota, but it was painted to match the factory color. The inside push button mechanisms were about $40.00 each and the rear handle was about $60.00.

All you do is remove the interior door panel with a putty knife. Then pull away the plastic waterproofing membrane and unbolt the old, replace with the new.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts