Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 Toyota Tacoma and somewhere it is leaking water into the cab on the passenger side. I know it's not the heater or AC and I am pretty sure it is not a leak in the window, I have tried different things. If I pour water down onto the body between the hood and fender right below the windshield, I can actually see the water start dripping down the inside of the cab by the passenger side.

I am probably going to have to take this into a Toyota dealership to get it fixed but was wondering how much they are going to charge me. It probably can't be fixed from the outside or the engine compartment and will probably require the dealership to remove the dashboard. Anyone have any idea what this might cost me?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found that the windshield trim seems to be cut to short on the bottom. I filled the two gaps that were about 1/4" wide, with putty. I hope that does it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried the whole silicone and putty thing but nothing seemed to work.

Took it to the Dealer the other day. Tech at dealer said it could be anything, cracked seals, leaky windshield, heater something plugged. $65 for a diagnostic to see what was wrong with it. They said that a seal on the firewall was broken. Cost a little over $300 to fix, they said they had to take apart the dash. They also said my clutch was slipping so had that fixed too... Total was $383 + tax (they deduct the diagnostic fee).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts