Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a fuel pump relay that I should be looking for? how do I check the relay if there is one? thinking fuel pump is bad

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I am getting spark. The battery is new. The strange thing is that when I pour some gas in the throttle body and try to start it, nothing happens. no backfire or anything, just turns over. took out the sensor before catylitic converter thinking the converter was clogged, still nothing. If I have spark and fuel it should at least run for a minute when I put some gas in the throttle body right? checked compression...110 in each cylinder. Even if timing jumped it would still backfire or something when trying to start it right? very confused?:headbang::headbang:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wife just said when I leave for work in the morning she goes out and tries to start it and it turns over and said it sounds like it sputters for a second then nothing. tries to start it again after that and nothing...just turns over. it is like that for the rest of the day.

·
Registered
905 Posts
have you actually taken the throttle body off and cleaned it really well and pull the idle air control valve off and clean that really well?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts