Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. This is my first visit and post here, so if I seem like a rookie, it's because I am!

Anyways, I'm having a problem with the dome light in my 99 Camry. It seems to go out about every 4-5 mths, and has been since I got it. At first I thought it was the bulb so I replaced it, but it still didnt work. Then I checked the fuse, and lo and behold that was it. But it went out again a few months later. I looked at the bulb and it is fine, and the fuse is fine as well. That is where I'm at right now.

There was one time when it went out where the bulb and fuse were fine at first, and I poked around the area where the bulb goes with a screwdriver (stupid, I know) and blew the fuse accidentally. I then replaced the fuse and it worked fine. But of course it went out again a few months later.

Any ideas on where to go from here other than take to a dealer and get reamed?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the same problem with my 1990 Camry. It turned out to be the switch went bad. But if yours is blowing fuses, it sounds like the lamp is drawing too much current for the fuse to handle. Either check the switch with a cheap voltmeter and/or check to make sure the lamp is the proper Wattage for that circuit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts