Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 99 Camry. It already has power door locks. It seems that since the actuators are already in place I could just install a factory module from a junk yard to have the original keyless entry system. Is this true? Would the module just replace the current one that runs all the doors from the one switch? Also I have long wondered if the same rule would apply to the factory alarm system. Seems that the harness is probably built in and it would just take the module to complete the system. Anyone with experience got any ideas?
Thanks,
Dan

·
A Poor College Student
1994 Camry Sedan LE
354 Posts
If this would be a cheap (less than $50) solution for you, than I'd check out dealers and junk yards to find out what all you'd need. I had an Alpine factory keyless entry on my 94 that would've been OK, except that the one button on the remote would get stuck. Otherwise, I'd got aftermarket. $200 with installation and you have something few car makers install factory.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
I noticed your signature. I'm a poor college student too. That's why I am trying to do it on the cheap. Good car but I spent the last I had just buying it. Think I'm going to go with the toggle switch under the dash trick, if I can figure which wire is safe to cut, until I can afford to do more
Thanks for responding.
Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts