Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased my daughter a 99 Camry. It is the gold edition. I believe it came equipped with keyless entry but am not sure. Did not receive the transmitter when I bought it Can anyone tell me if there is anyway to tell if it came equipped from the factory and if it was how do I know what type I need to buy. Hate to take it to a dealer and spend a fortune on it. If it did not come equipped I will probably just buy an aftermarket. Thanks for your help

·
2010 Camry SE V6
2008 Camry LE
3,152 Posts
If i were you i woul figgure out if it did soon. WOuldnt want in to get brokin in to. Go th a Toyota deler they should no.

·
Registered
1998 Camry CE
2,071 Posts
What trim line? CE. LE. XLE?

Do you have the original paperwork from the dealer (previous owner's stuff)? Look fo r the option package code or description and did you get a supplemental owners manual for the RS3000 Keyless entry and alarm system?

·
Registered
6,123 Posts
You could try calling Toyota corporate at 1-800-331-4331 with the vin number and ask customer service what the car came with from the factory. They should be able to check for you.

Mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
Check behind the mirror switch for a box with green putting or a security light by day just check programmykeyfob.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts