Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have a '99 Camry with 153K miles on it and current on all maintenance. The car is running fine expect for a starting trouble which is happening more frequently. The batter is brand new.

Symptoms:
Cold starts are always good. Or starts after couple of hours of long drives are good.

If I drive for an hour and then stop and then try to start again it takes 3 - 5 cranks. The engine cranks up and revs upto 1000 RPM and dies within 2-3 seconds.

I have to turn off the radio, buckle up (to avoid the beeps), apply hand brake (to shut-off headlights) then crank up then it holds on. Not really sure if all these steps really helps or I am just following a routine blindly :)

Everything else is absolutely fine with the vehicle. Only this issue is bothering me and I do not want to get stranded.

I talked to my mechanic about this problem and he thinks that Gas is the problem. But I do not believe so, I use 93 Octane.

Please help..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is the check engine light on?

sounds something like like a failing MAF sensor, or similar.
Thanks for the response.

Check Engine light came on 6 months back. I replaced a coil pack but there is no light now.

Could this be a dirty fuel injection problem? Should I try the fuel injection cleaner?

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts