Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP! i cant find a spot in the engine bay to run the power line? any experienced camry car audio installers.. help??

thanks in advance

·
Registered
361 Posts
I drilled a hole in the top right corner of the firewall. There is a black cover from showing the bare metal, and there is this circle precut from the insulation. I just drilled out a whole from there, but ive heard there is a rubber grommet in the lower right hand side. I heard it requires to remove the panel under the fender. Do a few searches, running amp power for camry or something. Good luck.

Omar

PS to make it easy, just go under the search and search by username and look my name up. Ive for sure said something on that thread, might be easier to locate.

·
TN User
95 camry
44 Posts
just drill a hole, a buy a rubber gromet. don't feed it through untill you have the edges of the hole sanded or youll strip the wire and be S.O.L. feed it throudgh the wall and remove carpeting and cusion from the drivers side underneath the pedals.

·
限界域への独&#
605 Posts
There is plenty of room where the hood release cable goes through, just punch a hole in the rubber that surrounds it, then go up through the white plastic ring on the back side of the strut tower. I fit 1/0 gauge in there, so no worries no matter what size you're running. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! i ran it threw the rubber grommet and up threw the strut cover, had to take off the tire and take out the fender wall cover, but it was well worth it, made a nice clean installation.

once again thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts