Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for any help!

In canada we have this gay law about must have Daytime Running Lite. I recently purchased a hid kit... and I know I need to unplug the DRL inorder for it to run correctly. Is there anyway I can reconfigure the DRL so the DRL is just HID? Pretty much I mean HID 24/7! Will this kill my HID system sooner? btw I just bought a McCulloch Kit are they good?

cheers,
szu

·
yah ..... okay
USE20
383 Posts
Well. I am here in Toronto and i am driving with my DRL off and no cops had bother me about it yet. I had my HID for about 8 months now.

The DRL plug is located at the top left corner of the engine bay.
the plug is 45 degrees slanted. unplug that and no more DRL.

McCulloch Kit is not the best, but they've improved. so i guess you'll be okay. =)

good luck.

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
ya i see cars all the time without DRLs. i say just disable em, and if the cops actually do hassle you, fix it then.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha thanx... yes true. I do see a lot of cars with out drl... I mean if it is easy might as well avoiding a ticket rite? anyways.. I bought this hi lo kit for 268 USD including shipping off ebay... I guess it's alrite price for its quaility rite?

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
I don't think it is mandatory because the newer generation camry/corollas have options to turn them off.

·
Registered
678 Posts
drl which is always on, so you can't turn it off, unless you're disable it. But with the kit he has, cops properly will pull him for blue lights and glares. I don't think cops will pay attention to drl.

·
Registered
1998 Camry CE
2,072 Posts
In Canada DRLs were voluntary equipment from foreign made cars before 1990
(meaning they did not have to be disables/ removed Canada's volume of cars probably mad it easire to not change the equipment just for North America.)

Cars made after 1st of December 1989 needed to have DRLs.
In the early 90's I recall hearing that most motorists can have dealer install a DRL Disable feature that resets every time you turn on your ignition. Some parking garage security programs and housing complexes want to avoid DRLs as they are 'light pollution' and can affect equipment by unecessary glare.

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
itzsteven said:
drl which is always on, so you can't turn it off, unless you're disable it. But with the kit he has, cops properly will pull him for blue lights and glares. I don't think cops will pay attention to drl.
So in Cananada you don't have bluish HID stock on bimmers and that stuff?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Hid kit is put out blue or purple color with a lot of glares. Bimmer stock hid will put out white with slightly blue without any glares. And trust me, those hid kit will blind other coming.

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,630 Posts
The only good HID kit companies I know of is Ichikoh, (Which is main supplier for japanese car companies), Philips, and Catz.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts