Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a '99 Corolla CE, standard transmission, power windows, doors, A/C, and that's about it. It has 90,000 miles on it.

In the past 2 days, the divers side window has become stuck when I lower it. The first time, the window was stuck all the way down, and the second time it was partially down.

When it becomes stuck, the window does not move up or down at all. The other windows operate correctly. After about 5 or 10 minutes, the window will start working again.

Any ideas about what is wrong and the cheapest way to fix it?

Thanks a lot.

·
5SFE
'94 Toyota Camry
747 Posts
I had the same prob in my '99 Corolla CE but it lasted for about the span of one week. It would move but as the window came half-way down, the speed of the window would slow down. Dunno what happened that fixed it up though.. It's a Toyota, it just fixed itself up... LOL..

Do you think that it could be the servo motor that's dying?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It could be. I called a local dealer (i'm working in South Carolina for the summer) and they said it was probably the motor, and it would cost $450 to replace. I'm not sure I want to spend that much though...but I may have to. I'm still looking for any cheaper solutions.

·
Registered
356 Posts
When stuck do you hear any noise,ie motor trying, if yes just use silicon spray on the rubber moldings. If no try the motor with giving direct current to it from the switch, it might be the switch. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
2001 corolla s model having same problem.

window's motor doesn't seem to be working properly.

i'm assuming the switch is OK since the window moves occassionally, seemingly only after having the car running for a while.

still investigating.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts