Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
4th gen 2000 camry ce
2000 camry ce
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. started about a month ago. wen i leave the car for a while. then i start it up. its idle and reving at 1.9k rpm. as times pass, it would go down to .9k rpm. if i dont wait till it drops down, i shift to R or D, it jumps ro something. u hear the car shifting then a jump at the end. the front end of the car, the hood, would shake. anyone know the problem???

2. anyone know if there is a unused hole through the firewall? if there is, where it is? cause im trying to put pwr wires through the firewall to the battery w/o drilling a hole myself. hlp anyone???

·
mr.popo
34 Posts
HOOKEDonLP said:
1. started about a month ago. wen i leave the car for a while. then i start it up. its idle and reving at 1.9k rpm. as times pass, it would go down to .9k rpm. if i dont wait till it drops down, i shift to R or D, it jumps ro something. u hear the car shifting then a jump at the end. the front end of the car, the hood, would shake. anyone know the problem???

2. anyone know if there is a unused hole through the firewall? if there is, where it is? cause im trying to put pwr wires through the firewall to the battery w/o drilling a hole myself. hlp anyone???
1. normal...the car is just warming up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
when you shift and the car jumps, its the transmission. i have the same problem too...
i asked my transmission teacher and he said it is most likely the seals in the transmission.
the only thing to do is rebuild the tranny or replace.
there was one alternative he suggested. get a transmission conditioner/ seals conditioner. this would soften up the seals in the tranny and may/maynot reduce the problem. you can get this conditioner from toyota.

as for a hole, i jus used an existing hole. my van is a 98 sienna CE, the hole should be in the same location. look under the hood, far back where the firewall is, and u should see a wire coming out of it, run the wire into that hole, and u will see it go through under the steering wheel. i used this hole to run my amp wire.
hope this info helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts