Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 99 Camry Solara with a TDS Theft Deterrent System. The car did not come with the keyless remote. It seems that this system is install by the Southeast Toyota Distributors. Does anyone know where I can purchase a replacement remote? Does this system work well? I can't seem to find much on the subject. I found documentation in the glove box for the system and the remote is elbow shape with three buttons - black, red, and green.

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
If your car has the antitheft system, then you can simply buy a key fob(the remote part) off ebay and program it for your car. The dealer can do the same thing but will charge a lot more.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which One?

The documentation doesn't mention with fob to use. Is there an online source for this information?

·
Registered
6 Posts
r u sure u have the keyless entry option??? mines is a 2000 se and i went to toyota and they told me i didnt have the keyless entry option, but it has a a light on my rpm dash dat says security? then he tells me i have a special key from toyota dat requires programming for the car to start?

·
MDT Toyota Tech
413 Posts
I would make sure its not the gulf coast system first, cuz if it is your gonna need a gulf coast key remote, with the remote built into the key

1 - 5 of 5 Posts