Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem with remote entry into my '99 solara SE. When it first started I got a very weak chirp and the driver door opened. Now nothing chirps and no interior lights come on. I tried the second remote and it also would not enable to unlock the car. I replaced the battery (?2022, looking in the manual and found the #)) and still it will not work. Now i am experiencing difficulty with the key turning the driver lock over. I have to jiggle the key to either lock it or unlock it. The passenger lock is fine in that i can open it with no problems using just the key. However the passenger side will not open either using the remote but I'm thinking that there must be an over-ride here in that if the driver side does not open then the passenger side won't either. the interior lock switch is fine in that I can lock/unlock both doors when seated inside.
As far as I know all other electrical accessories are working. What should my next step be? If possible please provide an explanation as to where I might locate the item that I might need to replace (as in a fuse).
Thanks for all the help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts