Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Picking up a 1999 Corolla tomorrow for something I can drive for work. I mostly drive during the day and my thirsty '05 lifted grand cherokee is cutting it at the fuel pump. Anyway, this thing is in really nice shape. Only has 120K on it and I'm getting it for $500 because of a few codes it's throwing.

P0300
P0302
P0303
P0441
P0446

The first 3 are misfires in cyl 2&3. I'm thinking that's a coil issue and can be fixed with new coils, plugs and wires. If by chance it needs injectors, I can get those rather cheap.

The po446 and po441 have me a bit stumped. I know it's the evap canister and valve. I really don't like to fiddle with things too much and would rather replace the entire canister. If I replace it, should those codes disappear? Any help or insight is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Adam

Attachments

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Hey guys. Picking up a 1999 Corolla tomorrow for something I can drive for work. I mostly drive during the day and my thirsty '05 lifted grand cherokee is cutting it at the fuel pump. Anyway, this thing is in really nice shape. Only has 120K on it and I'm getting it for $500 because of a few codes it's throwing.

P0300
P0302
P0303
P0441
P0446

The first 3 are misfires in cyl 2&3. I'm thinking that's a coil issue and can be fixed with new coils, plugs and wires. If by chance it needs injectors, I can get those rather cheap.

The po446 and po441 have me a bit stumped. I know it's the evap canister and valve. I really don't like to fiddle with things too much and would rather replace the entire canister. If I replace it, should those codes disappear? Any help or insight is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Adam
i agree with your assessment so far. I would replace the valve on the canister. They get rusty etc. On mine I just pried it off and then zipped tied it in place. took 15 minutes. I bought the part from rockauto.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. I actually found the entire canister with valve for $80 shipped with 2yr warranty. I'll probably just replace the entire thing and be done with it.

On another note....the passenger side seat belt buckle that attaches to the seat is broken. Anyone know the correct part number?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Thanks man. I actually found the entire canister with valve for $80 shipped with 2yr warranty. I'll probably just replace the entire thing and be done with it.

On another note....the passenger side seat belt buckle that attaches to the seat is broken. Anyone know the correct part number?

Thanks
I'd just replace the solenoid part. 20 minute fix. The $80 canister is probably a POS Chinese part. Plus removing the canister is a PITA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
Adamski
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing