Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving with my grandmother this evening on a country road on the way back to my place, when I attempted to pass a Land Rover that was going 60 in an 80. When he saw me try and pass he pulled into the oncoming lane as to disaprove of my passing. So I tried again and as I pulled past him he flicked his cigarette at my windshield. I blew a gasket. I hauled on the brakes ready to jump out and show him that smoking can be dangerous for his health when my grandmother insisted that I stay in the car. So I did. Then he tried to egg me on by flashing his hi beams at me, pissing me off even more. So I grabbed the first thing I could find which was an apple juice bottle and flung it out my window. I guess I was closer than I thought to his truck and I hit the windshield. :clap:
Anyway he dropped rite back almost out of sight and my grandmother stopped nagging me about the dangers of pulling over like that. As far as I'm concerned it was win win.
Thanks for listening to my rantings. I feel better now

·
Registered
508 Posts
160swiftly said:
I was driving with my grandmother this evening on a country road on the way back to my place, when I attempted to pass a Land Rover that was going 60 in an 80. When he saw me try and pass he pulled into the oncoming lane as to disaprove of my passing. So I tried again and as I pulled past him he flicked his cigarette at my windshield. I blew a gasket. I hauled on the brakes ready to jump out and show him that smoking can be dangerous for his health when my grandmother insisted that I stay in the car. So I did. Then he tried to egg me on by flashing his hi beams at me, pissing me off even more. So I grabbed the first thing I could find which was an apple juice bottle and flung it out my window. I guess I was closer than I thought to his truck and I hit the windshield. :clap:
Anyway he dropped rite back almost out of sight and my grandmother stopped nagging me about the dangers of pulling over like that. As far as I'm concerned it was win win.
Thanks for listening to my rantings. I feel better now
Just hope he didn't get your license plate... which isn't such a good thing. Not that I disagree with how angry you got.

·
ASE Master Technician
2006 Lexus GS430
2,397 Posts
Cant we all just get along? :dunno:

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,305 Posts
Even if he got your plate, there's nothing he can do with it. Not enough evidence. I mean shit... I can go drive around and write down some random license plate, and then go to the guy and tell him he threw shit at me and I'm gonna sue him. Not gonna happen.

Kudos to you, sir. I hate douchebags like that.

·
Don't get mad. Get even.
a Toyota camry, daaa
1,779 Posts
It's not worth it man, I got shot once on the freeway, for something like that.. IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!

·
Under Reconstruction
4,350 Posts
El Tano said:
It's not worth it man, I got shot once on the freeway, for something like that.. IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!
+1

Nowadays you don't know what kind of freaks are driving on the road and what they are capable of when road rage takes over.

·
Registered
142 Posts
El Tano said:
And this is coming from someone who's message above their avatar says "Don't get mad, get even"? :D Just kidding...

Man, if I had the balls to do what you did, I would. We have people like that here in LA county all the time. And I agree with you, instinct would have had me react the way you did, rather than think about it. One time I nearly got sideswiped by someone who ran the stop sign from my side. I braked just in time, so all that really happened was a scraping of my front bumper. I was furious, and I took off after the car, even burning out (in my mom's 03, luckily not my 07). After a two or three seconds, I started to come to my senses. Seeing as how it was around 11PM in a not so safe neighborhood, I decided to back off, especially knowing that my girlfriend was in the car with me. I just thought that it wasn't worth it, at least it wasn't her risking her life. But I did see that it was a 00+ Honda 4dr Accord in black or green.

But anyway, back on topic, I want you in my car if something like that ever happens! :clap::D

·
Under Reconstruction
4,350 Posts
El Tano said:
+1

Nowadays you don't know what kind of freaks are driving on the road and what they are capable of when road rage takes over.

·
Don't get mad. Get even.
a Toyota camry, daaa
1,779 Posts
Originally Posted by trdsupragt
And this is coming from someone who's message above their avatar says "Don't get mad, get even"? :D Just kidding...

hahahaha, you are right, I apply that on sports, I never thought it can relate to this comment, hahahaha

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Epsilon said:
+1

Hey, I am one of those freaks:lol: , just kidding. I think I would react differently if I was in Cali, you guys are f*cked up down there. I'm not saying you can't get shot up here, I find that the people who usually start shit try to intimidate people they think are weak, and when someone stands up to them they usually turn beeoch in a hurry. :fruit:

·
Registered
287 Posts
160swiftly said:
Hey, I am one of those freaks:lol: , just kidding. I think I would react differently if I was in Cali, you guys are f*cked up down there. I'm not saying you can't get shot up here, I find that the people who usually start shit try to intimidate people they think are weak, and when someone stands up to them they usually turn beeoch in a hurry. :fruit:
Keswick seemed generally safe when I visited. Toronto is getting a little bit worse compared to the 80's and 90's. Since I left (3 yrs ago) friend and family mention that there's a lot of gun play, more than the normal for a Canadian city.

Your right... in Cali. or most of the states it is probably wise you control your road rage. Depending on the state, you can legally carry in the car and or obtain a concealed carry permit.

But I do feel your situation. If I had my grandmother in the car and that happened.. I would be steaming too. But wouldn't do anything much other than a few 'birds' and some choice words. But if the other occupant got out of his car in a threatening manner with some kind of weapon... then......

My Collection so far....

I'm a responsible gun owner and member of the NRA. Usually carry my SW 642 with a Crimson Trace laser grip in my vest pocket or on my ankle at all times.

To keep it Gen 6 Camry related, the center section with the 12 V plug holds 4 speed loaders really nicely! ;)

The only gripe I have about our cars... it would be nice if the center armrest could lock. As from time to time there is my XD or semi inside as well. Also, I knew my 90 Accord had a locking feature for the trunk release too. When I got shooting after work, usually I bring my range gear bag into my office at work, but if the trunk had a locking feature I'd feel a lil bit better about leaving it in the trunk.

BTW whats with Range Rover drivers... when I had my STS, early last year I had a run in with a lady driver. Must be a Range Rover thing. lol

·
Maven
3,070 Posts
Yes, a locking console would be a nice addition. it is a good place to keep a medium to full size automatic in 9 mm or larger. Here in Texas, the laws changed a few years ago and now permits anyone to carry in their vehicle. No license required. Just let the officer know if you get stopped for a traffic ticket. They kinda' need to know about that sort of thing. We still have some problems from time to time with dummies trying to hijack a car, but enough folks are armed these days that the bad guys don't know who to attack, and enough of them are getting shot that there just aren't as many as there used to be.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Personally I think you're a retard and a child for acting like that with your grandmother in the car. You put her life in danger just to show how much of a man you were. Yeah you sure showed the driver of the other car, way to go... :rolleyes: ...... Everyone knows what its like to have to deal with a jerk on the road and most of us can respond with a cool and calm head. Sometimes, yeah, there are those instances where a little break check might be in order or what not. But never when you've got family in the car. Thats just ignorant, self centered, and pathetic.

Grow up. Or maybe next time the other driver will decide your car belongs in a ditch or maybe riddled with a few bullet holes. Could you live with the fact that you killed a loved one because you couldnt control your own anger?

·
aka: DaCubanSkillz
2007 Toyota Camry
119 Posts
white3ch0c0late said:
Even if he got your plate, there's nothing he can do with it. Not enough evidence. I mean shit... I can go drive around and write down some random license plate, and then go to the guy and tell him he threw shit at me and I'm gonna sue him. Not gonna happen.

Kudos to you, sir. I hate douchebags like that.
The person does not necessarily have to go to the police or even claim something happened. With his license plate, he can at least get his address and name. With the right connections, its possible. My wife who is a collection officer has access to a system that can trace a license plate and it'll provide the info.

So if this guy does have the right connects and wants to get back at him, then yes..they can go back after him or at least the car. Is it illegal to look up the information for the intention to get back at someone? Yes it is...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'll be the first to admit that I may need a little anger management, but I think anyone with a sac would do (or want to do) what I did.
So I tell you what Brandon402, I'll get anger management when you grow a sac!

·
aka: DaCubanSkillz
2007 Toyota Camry
119 Posts
160swiftly said:
I'll be the first to admit that I may need a little anger management, but I think anyone with a sac would do (or want to do) what I did.
So I tell you what Brandon402, I'll get anger management when you grow a sac!
Actually, I have the sac and I have done what you have. BUT I was always alone. Whenever I have kids in the car or even other people, I get extremely mad if something happens but I have to control myself because there are other people in the car. What would of happened if that guy would of pulled up next to you or even stuck a gun out the window while behind you and shot up ur car? What if your grandmother would of been hit or injured? YOU would and should be held responsible in my eyes. You just have to think before you react.

I had a situation where the same person cut me off TWICE! I had my nephews in the car along with my wife. Normally, I'd tail that asshole with my high beams on and then do what he did to me. BUT this time, we just called the state police, told them there was a reckless driver on the road and they sent someone out and he got pulled over (this happened on the highway). Then again, here in VA, they take aggressive driving very seriously and once you report it, the cops take over.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well its not like that here, and I was miles from a donut shop:D .
I do take full responsibility for my actions, but I gotta tell you its hard to do the right thing sometimes.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts