Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my A/C fixed..just needed to be refilled with the R12 stuff. got a couple questions:
The condensor fan does not turn off. as soon as the AC gets turned on its starts and it wont turn off untill the AC button is off. is this normal? the other fan behind that fan ..what is that fan for. i dont see it turn on or anything. As long as i dont use the AC it fine (off)

the condensor fan runs and when you drive.. it runs like the main fan.,.. i can hear it..its kind of loud.. its like its running with the RPM..you can hear it slow down when it shifts and everything..

havent had AC in this car since iowned it..so i dont know if any of this is normal..

is the condensor fan suppose to turn off at any point? is the little fan suppose to turn on laso?

thanks

·
Cressida nut
91 Pickup (Hilux)2wd
4,586 Posts
sounds like a pressure sensor in the AC system is shorted (making the system think the AC is overpressurized/overheated) or the relay controlling the AC fan is shorted. The front fan should only turn on when the AC is on and the pressure is high enough. the rear fan is a backup and turns on when it's even higher (AFAIK)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts