Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:headbang:Tonight I started up my 06 tacoma and heard a belt squeal. Tried to see if pullies were stuck but then heard it more from the A/C pump. Hit the a/c switch and it would squeal and shutt down and flash...... I have a bad feeling its a new a/c motor any thoughts or tips would be a great help.... It's over 36,000 miles and now that I am back in the states from over seas that's what i have to go with.

·
Registered
4x4 06 trd sr5
88 Posts
i heard something similar a few days ok, when i hit my ac button. heard like the pump or belt make a noise, then it went away after a couple seconds. let me know what you find.

it hasnt made the noise since. maybe its the pulley making its round to the pump or our belts need replacing. i have almost 34k on my 06.

·
Native Oregonian
07 Tacoma DC LB TRD
785 Posts
Well, it's sat for awhile, I'm guessing about 6 months while you were deployed? I would assume the A/C pump didn't get lubed enough before it seized. If it were me and its not completely seized and burning the belt, I'd give it another shot.
Next time you go deploy, give someone (you trust) 50 bucks to go start your truck every couple weeks. I do that with all my vehicles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A/C motor

Well I went out and got a new a/c motor from a salvage yard in MN they are listed on EBAY as mini-genie. I picked mine up for under $200 with 9000 miles on the donor..... Best of luck to all that are dealing with little to big headache's:ugh3:

·
Registered
51 Posts
The squeeling sound is normal. A bunch of people have posted about it here before. Mine will do it if go on vacation and my truck sits for a week or two. The way i avoid it is to make sure ac is off when starting truck and once after driving for a few min i turn on air then ac and i get no squeel. I had my truck for 3 years and no issues yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A/C motor

If only it was that simple..... While driving i can turn on the a/c switch and i get belt squeal until the system shuts down do to a fault it will power down. while it will spinn a small amount i can get a bit of cold air and and that smell from the a/c.....:headbang:

·
Membership canceled
307 Posts
I had that squeal noise about 2 months ago. One of my pulleys seized.. If yours is seized fix it! I didnt do mine in time and the belt snapped. Good thing it didnt do much dmg, but could have done a lot more.

2007 TRD Sport

1 - 8 of 8 Posts