Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the chance to buy cams off a MR2 5sfe. They are in good condition, but the question is should i buy them and put them in my 94 2.2L dohc 5sfe camry? I tried to search but i can't find anything that says what the pros and cons would be if i switch them. Any help will be great and i thank you for your time.

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
2,248 Posts
i would imagine that you gain nothing from this...the cams from a 5sfe are cams from a 5sfe...you are jus putting the same engine parts onto the same type engine...thats what, from common sense i come up with:thumbup: :D

·
Idon't brag I mostlyboast
MTA MetroCard
9,480 Posts
lownslowcam said:
I have the chance to buy cams off a MR2 5sfe. They are in good condition, but the question is should i buy them and put them in my 94 2.2L dohc 5sfe camry? I tried to search but i can't find anything that says what the pros and cons would be if i switch them. Any help will be great and i thank you for your time.
only if your cams need to be replaced. there's no performance benefit to using mr2 5sfe cams in your 5sfe camry since they are the same

·
RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG
530 Posts
big_p31 said:
^i think AEM makes performance cams for a camry....if not, they definetly make them for a 5sfe
dude what the hell are smokin? that must be some good stuff.

if you want cams go to WEBCAMSHAFTS.com, they have 3 different grinds for the 5sfe. there is also a good place in canada yo can order from which will be a lot cheaper. i'll get the name of the place later.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.