Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
A Lone Wolf
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend and i have camries and his a 92 camry v6 and what he thought of doing is routing a line from the airconditioning air to the intake air box. this would be under the box? to filter the air. he would use silicon to seal it and how this would work is when he wants more power he would turn on the a/c full blast. We would need a blow off valve and wastegate because when the throttle is closed the extra air has to go somewhr. or we can just turn it on when it is at full throttle.

Its a wierd idea but it is well worth the try and if that doesnt work, he will just get an intake. give me some responses, thx everyone.

·
A Lone Wolf
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not sure i understand, which air? does the airconditioning air come from the intake? im pretty sure it doesnt.idk, enlighten me.

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3
7,128 Posts
to me it sounds like it'll be like putting both ends of a straw in your mouth at the same time, and sucking...

i dont know if you AC can suck/blow enough air to run like that for more than a few seconds......

·
A Lone Wolf
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm, doesnt the a/c run off the motor though? the air going into the intake manifiold would just be going into the motor. also doesnt the a/c or fans get its air from the outside? thx for your replies.

·
A Lone Wolf
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm, u think so?
would a pulley help? but that would reduce the speed of the compressor huh? crap.

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3
7,128 Posts
Re: so u r going to use the AC

pgmomni said:
to cold ram air charge the intake?!
LOL
any, and i mean any HP gain will quickly be eaten up by the HP lost to run the AC compressor and the radiator fans which both go on when the AC goes on!
pete
that's true...

i guess your friend should just go for the DIY CAI (cold air intake)...

·
A Lone Wolf
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
one last question, is thr any trd superchargers that fit the third gens v6's? im pretty sure u can make it work but i was just wondering.

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3
7,128 Posts
wed3k said:
hmm, u think so?
would a pulley help? but that would reduce the speed of the compressor huh? crap.

yeah, a smaller pulley...

shit i forgot how to say it...

it makes the AC system work not as hard, so it'd be a weaker AC, working harder, which is kinda redundant......

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3
7,128 Posts
wed3k said:
one last question, is thr any trd superchargers that fit the third gens v6's? im pretty sure u can make it work but i was just wondering.

NO...

the 92/93 Camry V6 engine is the 3vz-fe...

there is currently a turbo system underway, though...

it was mentioned recently (not more than 2 days ago), try searching for "ben" and "turbo"...

·
sargdesigns
2,497 Posts
Yup three point fives! :thumbdown :lol: just kidding they are perfectly fine. How ever, that would be some mad tite USDM fizzorced induckshuhn muh freend! :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts