Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
On The Street
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok today i was following a Camry gen 4 (not gen 4.5) and i noticed the brake light the one thats in the car showing out the back windshield blinks as the car slowed down kinda like the newer cars that blink when the car slows down and also it had the black border lines like the gen 3 camrys do all around the taillights. i really liked how it lookd

my questions: is this a factory thing or an after market??
or would i be able to do this myself??

thanks

·
On The Street
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Noboady has seen a Gen 4 Camry like this??
im really interested in doing this to my camry

·
On The Street
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes it blinks as it slows down i want to do sumething like thats for my camry

·
Idon't brag I mostlyboast
MTA MetroCard
5,951 Posts
probably a custom job...most newer buses have that.

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
Yeah but that blinking light is sometimes confusing. It looks like they hit the hazard lights.

·
Registered
145 Posts
i think itz a custom job.....u can make it yourself......... all u need is a 555timer, couple resistors, n some big n bright LEDs, n a PCB.........

·
Its still a Camry.
1991 Lexus Es250
522 Posts
Its a saftey feature, you can do it to any car. They sell em on e-bay for like 30$ or something, mabey less. It blinks like 5 times, then goes constant then goes back to blinking. Its to help give a visual warning that your slowing down so it reduces the risk of getting rear ended. Go to ebay.

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
Camry_rider said:
Its a saftey feature, you can do it to any car. They sell em on e-bay for like 30$ or something, mabey less. It blinks like 5 times, then goes constant then goes back to blinking. Its to help give a visual warning that your slowing down so it reduces the risk of getting rear ended. Go to ebay.
let me say for record that its REALLY ANNOYING especially when your stuck behind one in rushhour traffic!

·
Why not?
226 Posts
jhbhatia said:
let me say for record that its REALLY ANNOYING especially when your stuck behind one in rushhour traffic!
Quote from Ebay website:

" This Patented vehicle Automatic Brakes Annunciator: Is intended to announce to following traffic that you are braking. Rapidly blinks your center brake lights for a brief period. Does not repeat the rapid blinking in stop & go traffic. Does not endanger left / right brake & turn signal operation. "

·
Registered
50 Posts
Maybe there is a way to modify it so it only blinks while your slowly slowing down until you get to like 5-10 mph... Then it would just be a steady light... and less anoyying.. I've seen ones that light up depending on your braking pressure.. If your lightly braking it only light up part of it, but when your fully braking the whole bar thing lights up..

·
On The Street
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^ thats true ive read somewhere that those things and the center brake light cause less accidents

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
LiLItalian said:
Quote from Ebay website:

" This Patented vehicle Automatic Brakes Annunciator: Is intended to announce to following traffic that you are braking. Rapidly blinks your center brake lights for a brief period. Does not repeat the rapid blinking in stop & go traffic. Does not endanger left / right brake & turn signal operation. "
Not really, if you let your foot off the brake..and then rebrake..it again blinks...only if you let the a/t drive on it own..while depressing the brakes..then its different..if your stop and go..(without depressing the brakes) then its ANNOYING. I get stuck behind people like that i guess...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts