Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which wire do you tap into to get a correct reading for an air/fuel gauge? Kinda stuck on installing a A/F guage on a 2000 solara. Thanks yall
Im really stomped on this one.

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts
you can tap it into the o2 sensor wire.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply but which wire is that, there are 4 to choose from: 2 Black, 1 white, and 1 blue.:eek:

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts
get a pen tester. 3 of the wires are for the o2 heater. if i had to pick i'd say the blue wire. cause there's 1 5v 2 ground and 1 signal wire

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ill try to tap into the blue wire tonight, Ill keep you posted. And thanks again for your reply.:D

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts
opps i was wrong once again

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So should I still go for the Blue wire?:eek:

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
the white wire on the front of the engine is the one to tap for simplicity i tapped the one in the middle of my car which is alot harder to get to

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Success!! Finally got the air/fuel gauge to work. I just tapped into the blue wire and turned on the car and waited for a couple minutes. I see no purpose for it really, but I got it working (w/ the help of some of you here). I dont see how its suppose to be accurate at all. All it does is go back and forth. Only when you go WOT, shows a steady reading, but other then that its just for show. (your right Yanks:D )
So people with a 2000 solara, you must spend a crap load of money to get an accurate reading.:rolleyes:

·
Grenaded piston
6,594 Posts

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts
woo hoooo i was right it was blue. yeah it is pretty useless it goes back and forth so many times when u drive. but it's fun to look at for awhile then u get tired of it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My buddys next step is to go wideband :D
For $400.00+ he better get the correct reading.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts