Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
william9998
2000 solara
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: hello all. i recently brought my solara 2 dr. (v-6) into the dealer for a check engine light. i was told that the air fuel sensor needed to be replaced. this sensor is closest to the firewall
and just after the exhaust manifold . i was told the sensor was hard to
get to. i got billed for 6 hours labor at $89. per hr. the part was $ 249. i checked the labor for this sensor on ALLDATA and it lists at 0.4 hrs. this sounds a bit odd to me.
has anyone else had any experience with this sensor. i appreciate any info that anyone can share. thank you.

(oh what a feeling)

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
You could have bought the universal bosch for $65 and put it in yourself in about 1 hour.

The heater wire for that sensor is the common cause for the error code, and it's not needed once the engine heats up. It's only for cold starts. Only California would make you change it unless NY has similar inspection crap.

·
Registered
136 Posts
csaxon said:
You could have bought the universal bosch for $65 and put it in yourself in about 1 hour.

The heater wire for that sensor is the common cause for the error code, and it's not needed once the engine heats up. It's only for cold starts. Only California would make you change it unless NY has similar inspection crap.
solara used a AF sensor which i think only toyota has the part. if i remeber right it is $195 each.

·
Registered
2005 Infiniti G35X
51 Posts
Yeah, that's downright fraud. Confront them with it - get estimates printed from other dealerships and other places and show them. They will have to give you a refund - if not call the Better Business Bereau and file a complaint, they will help mediate it. Call Toyota of America and file a complaint (also send one in writing ) before you call the BBB, and keep copies of everyone you deal withs name and all the paperwork.

·
william9998
2000 solara
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i wrote the owner of the dealership a letter. included in the letter was the price of labor that other dealers
were charging (175.00). i got a refund of 356.00. of course he had a lame excuse for why i was charged that amount. the work he said was done was not. just goes to show writing a letter does get action.

HAPPY ENDING this time!!!!!!!!!!!!

watch youself when patronizing your friendly dealer if you don't already know this little fact.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.