Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
J.O.A.T, Master of none
'14 Tacoma DC/LB
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys more familiar than I with 8th gen please comment on these questions?

*where is the sub woofer located on the 9 speaker system? “UP” audio option.
*can the icon pictures show on the phone preset buttons as they did on previous models?
*how do you know for sure if your car did or didn’t come with dynamic gps?
*is there a way to display album covers for songs like previous version or is it only the XM channel logo?
*can the active headlights be disabled?

TIA

·
J.O.A.T, Master of none
'14 Tacoma DC/LB
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update... dynamic NAV was not available on a 2018 TCH, only on a V6. Also Scout must be plugged in and not Bluetoothed in order for the map to show. Question #3 solved.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Can you guys more familiar than I with 8th gen please comment on these questions?

*where is the sub woofer located on the 9 speaker system? “UP” audio option.
It is in the middle of the rear shelf behind the rear headrests.
*can the icon pictures show on the phone preset buttons as they did on previous models?
*how do you know for sure if your car did or didn’t come with dynamic gps?
As already figured out 2018 wasn't an option for dynamic gps. But, you can have apple carplay if you have an iphone.
*is there a way to display album covers for songs like previous version or is it only the XM channel logo?
Album covers display on mine. But, I have a 2019. I doubt there is any difference.
*can the active headlights be disabled?
Not that I know of. But, maybe a techstream setting to disable it.
TIA

·
J.O.A.T, Master of none
'14 Tacoma DC/LB
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am scheduled to have the Apple CarPlay upgrade done at the dealership on Saturday, it wasn’t installed from the factory. Scout is lousy, looking forward to using Waze.

I have an IPhone 6s and already know the wireless charging won’t work. I wonder 6s has anything to do with the album covers and favorite icon issue?

·
J.O.A.T, Master of none
'14 Tacoma DC/LB
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, another mystery solved, more to be solved!

the album covers do show, but only when the car is in park by design... check!

I tried to do the Gracenote update following the directions to the T, it won’t work. I formatted the Zip drive, turned off Bluetooth on my phone, made sure the .up file was the only thing on the drive, and it won’t load it.

messages.... I confirmed that I have messaged turned on in the radio and it shows my message history, but when a new message comes in, it doesn’t display or read on the cars screen. ????

·
J.O.A.T, Master of none
'14 Tacoma DC/LB
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update, per Toyota tech support, a message notification will pop up but the message itself will not show.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts