Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Camry SE
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after I bought this from a dealership, I realized a few things after reading on here. Had a few questions, see pictures.

My DRL lights up on the bottom, but I thought I read this was only available on XLE/XSE. Do all 15-17 Camrys have this style drl or was this an option on SE?

Didn't know when I bought it, it had a remote start. Anyone familiar with this model? I took a pic of the fob.

The fourth pic is the drivers side which has a strange round led light mounted under the car below all four doors. This is connected to the dome lighr circuit, so comes on when unlocking and opening doors. This same led light is in the trunk, and in the passenger floorboard. Was this a factory add on?

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Camry LE 2.5L
133 Posts
Previous owner must have really liked to do lighting upgrades :).

The turn signal lights most likely are white/amber switchback LEDs - park lights are white and turn signals blink yellow. I changed out my regular (yellow only) park/turn signal bulbs with yellow/amber switchback LEDs.

Turn signal LEDs:
Amazon.com: LASFIT White/Yellow Switchback 7443 7444 7444NA CANBUS Ready Anti Hyper Flash mode Switchback LED Front Turn Signal Light Bulb, Plug & Play Standard Socket (Pack of 2) : Automotive

The underbody lights are probably just aftermarket LEDs tapped into the dome light circuit so that they come on when you unlock the doors.

Regarding the remote start, I doubt that is a factory remote start. My remote start just requires me to press the lock button on the fob 3x to remote start.

I have done all of these same mods to my 2017 Camry LE except the footwell and the underbody lights. These lighting upgrades look so much better (more modern) than the regular incandescent bulbs.

Enjoy your 2015 Camry SE :) (y)

·
Registered
2015 Camry SE
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Previous owner must have really liked to do lighting upgrades :).

The turn signal lights most likely are white/amber switchback LEDs - park lights are white and turn signals blink yellow. I changed out my regular (yellow only) park/turn signal bulbs with yellow/amber switchback LEDs.

Turn signal LEDs:
Amazon.com: LASFIT White/Yellow Switchback 7443 7444 7444NA CANBUS Ready Anti Hyper Flash mode Switchback LED Front Turn Signal Light Bulb, Plug & Play Standard Socket (Pack of 2) : Automotive

The underbody lights are probably just aftermarket LEDs tapped into the dome light circuit so that they come on when you unlock the doors.

Regarding the remote start, I doubt that is a factory remote start. My remote start just requires me to press the lock button on the fob 3x to remote start.

I have done all of these same mods to my 2017 Camry LE except the footwell and the underbody lights. These lighting upgrades look so much better (more modern) than the regular incandescent bulbs.

Enjoy your 2015 Camry SE :) (y)
Absolutely on lighting upgrades. I just changed all interior and headlights to led type as I can't stand the yellow of the old style.

Appreciate the info on the rest. I noticed even with a ultra bright led bulb in my dome light, it's still very dim. Makes sense knowing that the wire is feeding 4 other lights on the circuit. Crazy is that I assumed an older person owned the car considering it averaged 7k miles per year before I bought it.

·
Registered
634 Posts
The DRL LEDs is a dealer or port installed accessory. I have them on my Camry as well with the same dash button. The rest is aftermarket.

·
Registered
2017 Camry LE 2.5L
133 Posts
Perhaps in the last year, because if the pandemic your car might have been parked most of the time.

My 2017 Camry only has 18000 miles, it had 7500 when I bought it in August 2019. This past year I only added about 1500 of those miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts