Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Toyota Corolla, 2ZZ-GE Swap, 1997 Toyota Rav4
151 Posts
If you mean the wiring loom running off the back towards the firewall, that's the loom for the your steering pump. If you could circle what part you mean specifically that'd help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was referring to the electrical wire on the top right behind ignition coil #4. The wire is frayed. In looking for how to replace the part that contains the wire. Its attached to that long black plastic strip that runs along the top right next to the coils.

·
Registered
06 Toyota Camry XLE, 16 Corolla S
683 Posts
I was referring to the electrical wire on the top right behind ignition coil #4. The wire is frayed. In looking for how to replace the part that contains the wire. Its attached to that long black plastic strip that runs along the top right next to the coils.
The simplest thing to do would be to just splice in new wires, replacing those that are frayed.

You can solder in a new wire to each connection and then get some "split loom" and cover the entire run of that wire.

Office supplies Automotive tire Font Cable Metal

·
Registered
501 Posts
Here's a newer pic, other option would grab a harness section at the local salvage yard. View attachment 348803
I would see if there is a way to "conduitize" the open area and re-enclose it in conduit and wrapped/insulated. Maybe? Make sure wire insulation is still good from any rubbing and correct before final repair. Even a small nick in a wire, even if not touching can trip up adjacent wires, especially wires for sensitive sensors, etc. But if wires look ok, I would see if you can "bridge-in" or bridge over a condut over it to replace the open section and make a nice insulate/wrap job around it and should be good. Will be curious to kno what you do and results.

And if you want to "properly" insulate it:

X-Treme Tape

·
One with the farce
3,426 Posts
Or just use heat-shrink tubing over each splice…

1 - 8 of 8 Posts