Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I heard recently that the release of the New iQ isn't going to happen until sometime early next year now.

I'm tired of hearing that Scion is going to keep pushing back the release of this car. I'm also annoyed at the fact that Scion is going to release the iQ like they released the xA and xB back in 04. Why should I have to drive to the coast to get a new car? Is the center of the county less important then the coasts?

I can understand durring the inital launch of Scion, how they took the time to release the cars. We are now 7 years later and they are wanting to do it again? Why? Is the dealer infrastructure not there?

What is the purpose of the delayed release? Have we not waited long enough?

Scion needs to understand that people are waiting.....but they will only wait so long before they move on.

......Rant over......

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
The iQ got delayed because of the earthquake/tsunami. Also, with the new Plug in Prius, only about 10-15 states are getting it for the first year, pretty much all coastal states. Then the following year, the rest of us are getting it. I also find this really annoying, we have people calling almost daily and asking about the Plug in....

·
Sweet n' Lowdown
2006 Scion tC
16,189 Posts
IMO, its all about demand. Micro and full electric cars sell better on the coasts than they do in the central part of the country where vehicles like pickups sell better. I work for one of the larger rental car companies and the majority of our hybrid and micro rentals occur on the coasts, as a result our national fleet distribution numbers are skewed to reflect regional rental patterns. The same is true for convertibles, and in other areas, 4wd trucks.
...you're not likely to find many new convertibles on dealer lots in Montana or Northern New Hampshire.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Announced today that 2012 we'll see the IQ.. base price near $16,000USD. 37mpg highway rated. Seems no better than a Corolla, only perhaps the IQ is a better "city" car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts