·
BigDaddyMike
05 Toyota Camry STIK
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Camry Under Construction
668 Posts
you will not get a sponsorship if you don't do some huge upgrades such as turbo or huge body work...etc but the intake looks good i'm not too fond of the blacked out tail light but beauty is in the eye of the beholder

·
That One Guy...
2001 Camry XLE
922 Posts
too dark, like the other two said.. need to at least see something. and besides it completely clashes with the color of the car. A little lighter tint would have been awesome. But i guess it isnt so bad. I do like what you have done with it so far though. Keep up the good work

·
BigDaddyMike
05 Toyota Camry STIK
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats the point of the contrast. it blends in with the car and the top and bottom clear places on the taillight suppose to bring out the contrast of the whole idea. as far as for hawkeye and the rest of the haters......DRIVE A TRACTOR

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,305 Posts
Don't worry 'bout 'em, Mike. I think the whip looks :smokin: and I'm sure it sounds hot with the intake too. :D

·
*INSERT WITTY TITLE HERE*
312 Posts
I have to say that the idea with the tails is a great one...but you did make them a little too dark.

And don't go calling people who don't like your car haters. You said leave comments, and we're just saying what our opinion is. Its constructive critisism.

Anyway, don't mod your car just to get the approval of a bunk of guys on a forum...mod it to make yourself happy with your work.

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,305 Posts
The problem is that you guys haven't seen his tails in person. I have. It blends VERY nicely with the car, and it looks very good and professionally done.

·
That One Guy...
2001 Camry XLE
922 Posts
haha i have nothing against how he did it.. it looks kickass!.. i mean i dont even know how he did it but it looks like they were made to be that way, but im just saying it looks too dark. Idk hell maybe that is the only way it looks decent, not really sure, but instictivly looking, it just seemed a little extreme.. but everytime i relook at it, it seems better. So i change my opinion and say that i like them, It looks best in the pic where it is in the shade and the grey looks darker.. and the lights look perfectly black.. props from me man.. you have persuaded me to change my mind.

oo btw.. i doubt the Ingen will sound a whole lot different, from the looks of it, it looks as though it is the same sort of design as the ingen anyways. Hard to say though unless you try it I suppose though

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,305 Posts
Corollacrazy42 said:
oo btw.. i doubt the Ingen will sound a whole lot different, from the looks of it, it looks as though it is the same sort of design as the ingen anyways. Hard to say though unless you try it I suppose though
Agreed. Both Injen and the ebay one are made of aluminum, and in both cases, the resonator is removed, and its the same engine. I'm sure it sounds the same with either one.
Mike, what you can probably do, if you want, is get an Injen heat shield... from the looks of it, it should fit fine. I'm not certain though. Heat shields aren't 100% effective, but they do keep SOME heat out, which is what matters.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I like, it looks good. I also like the tails. However, do not bash people who say ur tails are too dark, it is called leaving a comment which u asked for. Again, opioions are like a-holes, everybody has them.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
cant say i'm fond of the lights, but could work. and sorry to say but realy the only way you can get a sponcership in a camry is in the autio feld. but you would also need more mods than a intake.i'm not trying to nock you i have tryed and tryed. so everything i do comes out of my pocket. but best of luck and overall car is nice. i would like better pics of the lights tho.

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,650 Posts
Sorry man, but you ask for people's opinion and there you go. You got it straight on from them.

As for me, great job on the intake. Good luck with your future mods.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts