Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1986 Toyota 4cyl Trk
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all... i recently purchased a 1986 Toyota RV of sorts... It is basically a Belair Camper attached to a 4cyl (22R - L) dually pickup... I love it, but I do have a few issues that I would like to sort out... replaced the belts and one of the radiator hoses... need to tune it up and change the fuel filter... on my maiden voyage i recorded a whopping 11-12 miles per gallon... granted i live in WV and the hills kill it, but i think it can do better... was hoping someone on here may be able to point me in the direction that i need to go... is turbo a possibility? i love the fact that it hardly uses any gas to idle, so i don't really want to make any changes that would mess with that... anyway... any insight would be appreciated...

B

·
Premium Member
'91 MR2 Turbo
19,831 Posts
Well , the tune up you're gonna do is the 1st step. I would install new plug wires, cap, rotor, plugs, fuel filter and go from there. See what kind of mileage you get after that. A compression check will tell you much about the engines' health.
Welcome to the forum:hi:

·
This Space For Rent
14,150 Posts
Exactly, Russ has the right idea. Do all those things first and see what you get. Welcome to the Nation! :hi:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts