Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,
I just have a couple of questions/problems that I just can't seem to find the right answer/solution for.
So to start I have a GEN5 2002 Camry Altise 4Cyl.

Problem 1: My 'dome light' I think it's called ( the on-door-off) only works on 'door', if I switch to 'on' I have to press it for it to work, how can I fix this?

Problem 2: One of my belts sometimes makes a strange ticking 'cricket' kind of noise. It's on the left side of the motor.

Problem 3: At times when I try to lock my doors. They wont lock, and my car will beep the horn twice. This doesn't happen all the time though so i'm very puzzled.

Also, this isn't really a problem but i'm finding it very difficult to find the right size headlight bulb for my car, I really like the all white HID or Xenon Blue.

I'm so sorry if this isn't in the right area, I tried to look for similar posts and found some help but not a solution.
Any help is appreciated and I look forward to talking to all of you!
:chug:

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
Problem 1 - Sounds like it is the actual switch that doesn't work. Probably needs to be replaced.

Problem 2 - I would check the belt for cracks, and maybe even have it replaced just to be safe. Have a dealer or mechanic have a look and listen

Problem 3 - It could be a fuse, or maybe the battery in the keyfob is dying. Again it would probably be best to have the dealer check this issue out as well.

As far as headlight bulbs. If you want HID's you will have to order a kit or buy a kit. The bulb size is 9006 for the low beams. You can find them on ebay or almost anywhere.

If you don't want HID you can just go to any store and get 9006 bulbs and swap them in. Or order them off ebay. Nokya Arctic Whites are nice, or Luminics are also nice. But besure to get a heavy duty harness just to be safe. For a search type in 9006 heavy duty harness.

They are plug and play very easy to install.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem 3 - It could be a fuse, or maybe the battery in the keyfob is dying. Again it would probably be best to have the dealer check this issue out as well.
Thankyou so much for all of your help!
It happens even when i'm not using my remote and just the key. It seems to happen more in cooler weather? (early morning and night)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts