Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Toyota corolla S

I'm looking to remove the plastic trim thats holds the airbag behide it at the driver side pillar ( A pillar) any digrams or steps of how to do it? im able to peal it back just a little.... i need to inspect some wire behide it

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
https://parts.olathetoyota.com/
This is where I go to look at parts diagrams. If anything, removing the A-Pillar may just require prying on it. Obviously a 08 Camry is a very different car but what I found out on mine is that the A-Pillar is just the metal frame of the Camry. The actual airbag part is more near your head and less than three inches on the A-Piller. Good luck!

·
3,396 Posts
Welcome to the site ZZZ1.

I am not sure about the Corolla, but:

On the '09 Camry you un-hook a clip that holds the trim onto the pillar, it is angled so a bit of a pain
On the '15 4Runner you pop off the SRS badge on the trim and then remove the bolt that holds the trim to the pillar

You may have something along those lines

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So far i see that it has some kind of blank Y shaped clip that lets it open a little but doesn't release it and 1 generic trim tab i havn't gotten the bottom part open to see whats going on there

also here is the diagram
https://parts.olathetoyota.com/oem-parts/toyota-windshield-pillar-trim-6222002060a0/?c=Zz1ib2R5JnM9aW50ZXJpb3ItdHJpbS1waWxsYXJzJmk9ODQyOTQyMDUmcj0xJmE9dG95b3RhJm89Y29yb2xsYSZ5PTIwMTYmdD1zJmU9MS04bC1sNC1nYXM=

its not that helpful but i guess it shows the 2 pins im talking about the middle one is easy to remove the top one isnt

·
4,904 Posts
Pull down your weatherstrip trim at the a pillar. There's around 3-4 clips attached to the pillar cover. It will take some patience since you have an airbag. The furthest clip is above the dashboard.

Also reach thru the gap on the windshield side. Use extra care as not to damage the glass. Use a plastic trim tool if handy.

I have tried removing mine, without any success. You can remove it with some force, but risk breaking the slots in the trim cover for the clips.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
75aces
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing