Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I would like to invite everyone to post happy/positive stories about their Prius owner/driving experience.

There are enough posts about negative or bad experiences for almost every make, and model out there. Heaven knows - I have one or two of them myself. But here, let’s celebrate all that is good about our experience.

So I’ll start:

I just acquired a 2019 Prius AWD (“base” model - no LE/XLE designation north of the 49th as of yet - most dealerships don’t even have one on the lot yet). Extremely impressed with the car - great gas mileage for a small gas tank) and surprisingly good pick up and uphill acceleration. I don’t think I’ll ever go back to a fully gas vehicle.

·
Registered
2019 Prius Limited
4 Posts
Hello everyone. I would like to invite everyone to post happy/positive stories about their Prius owner/driving experience.

There are enough posts about negative or bad experiences for almost every make, and model out there. Heaven knows - I have one or two of them myself. But here, let’s celebrate all that is good about our experience.

So I’ll start:

I just acquired a 2019 Prius AWD (“base” model - no LE/XLE designation north of the 49th as of yet - most dealerships don’t even have one on the lot yet). Extremely impressed with the car - great gas mileage for a small gas tank) and surprisingly good pick up and uphill acceleration. I don’t think I’ll ever go back to a fully gas vehicle.
2 weeks in with my 2019 Prius Limited and I'm diggin' it for the most part. I have noticed a few annoyances (what car doesn't have a few?), but overall I LOVE IT.

Pros: HUD, JBL sound system, A/C, Ride, Adaptive head lights, Handling, MPG (best trip so far - 70 MPG)

Cons: Steering (doesn't seem to have a center - constant small adjustments needed on highway travel), No memory seats, annoying beeps when reversing (slowly getting used to it), no power passenger seat/lumbar

I am looking forward to a long ownership experience. My first Toyota and I'm quite impressed!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congratulations on your Prius Limited. I don’t have the HUD as it is the more basic of the configurations available.

I don’t have an issue with the steering not holding center. You might want to get yours checked out. I drive a daily rural route with a lot of straight stretches on a route that I am pretty familiar with and haven’t noticed what you have described.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congratulations on your Prius Limited. I don’t have the HUD as it is the more basic of the configurations available.

I don’t have an issue with the steering not holding center. You might want to get yours checked out. I drive a daily rural route with a lot of straight stretches on a route that I am pretty familiar with and haven’t noticed what you have described. As for the reverse beeps, I find it very helpful. Zero chance of having it in the wrong gear for reverse. Lol

·
Registered
2019 Prius Limited
4 Posts
Thank you, keepitkarara. Almost 2 months in and although I still find reverse beeps annoying - I am glad it has this feature for exactly the reason you pointed out. I do wish I could adjust the volume of the beeps.

The steering issue does not seem to be a problem. I believe I just needed to get used to the new car. I came out of a AWD Cadillac ATS - so it's quite a different beast to drive. Really happy with my choice to cross over to the other side. The ATS was a blast to drive, but not practical for my lifestyle.

·
Registered
2019 PRIUS LIMITED
12 Posts
I LOVE my '19 Limited Prius. I get compliments constantly. Im a Toyota lover (in my name backwards). I'm " old school" & miss a cd player & u cant add a portable one. Gas prices are cheap, but with trouble in the middle east, I wonder if we'll have gas rationing like the 70's.. I think the rav 4 hybrid has invaded the prius.. I was looking for savings. Im alot older. If it snows, my butt stays HOME!? I DID put snow tires on it & it's not AWD. I figured too low even on AWD. Ground clearance much better on RAV, but u sacrific mpg's. No thanks.? Good luck with yours!

·
Registered
2014 Avalon Hybrid, 2018 Prius Four Touring, 2018 Prius Two, 2015 Nissan LeafS
546 Posts
Only a couple of thousand miles with our 2018 Prius Four Touring and 2018 Prius Two, and we love both cars. Very solid structure, very stable platform in every way, in my opinion, MUCH more driver friendly than previous generations. However, the tracking/steering.

I, too, had trouble getting used to our 2014 Avalon Hybrid Limited. I had the FE guy at the dealership tweak it, keeping it within spec, but trying to eliminate the tendency to "wander" during straight-ahead cruising. The tweaking helped, but it's still not as stable as several VW/Audis that I owned and loved.

For whatever reason, I believe Toyota specs are too broad, and FE guys don't even try to get the numbers "dead on." For sure, it would take more time, but I think the extra effort is worth it, if the owner notices the difference. (I'm OCD about my cars!)

After a few more thousand miles, I'll have the FE alignments tweaked with both Prius' after we've racked up a few more miles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts