Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
l33tness is Uniquiness
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys so Ive spent the last week searching all over toronto the web and the forum search for the last 2 hours, my Camrys shocks are close getting pretty weak Im trying to find shops ANYWHERE in Toronto or the GTA which sell and install shocks and springs which have resonable labour charges. Im trying to come up with hopefully a handfull of shops so I can compare some prices. All I've got so far isGilman Sport
What else is out there that will be able to help me? All brainstorming/ideas and any help the GTA members can give me will greatly appreachiated.

·
Super Moderator
Supra
3,640 Posts
depends on what you're looking for. Performance stuff? Stock replacement? Fully blown?

KHF (kennedy hi fi) in scarborough installs suspension components for next to nothing if you buy them there (stereo is their main game, but they also have a race team and sell quite a bit of Japan imported suspension and performance components). The coilovers I have in the supra were put in for about $200.

Bob

·
l33tness is Uniquiness
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im looking for either KYB GR2s' or TOKICO HPs' and prolly some eibach pros 1.2" springs for installation.

·
l33tness is Uniquiness
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Basil still the person to talk to at T-Lex? or just go in and say Im from toyotanation.com?

·
l33tness is Uniquiness
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awsome I guess I lucked out when some guy randomly told me about tn.com when I was coming out of a bar in Richmond Hill and I commented on his Camry. ALSO that ToyotaNation was originally started out of Toronto.... One other question is there anyone I should be speaking with at Speedtech Auto Accessories ?

·
ECHO....Echo....echo....
1,022 Posts
Don't know about who you should speak to at SpeedTech, but go with the Tokico shocks if you're a hard driver and lowering your car. I've got the KYBs and they were great for about 3 months...now they're kinda soggy after a year on a 1.25" drop.

You should book with T-lex first. A good reputation means that Basil's shop is pretty busy and I don't think the new guy has completely got into the groove yet.

·
l33tness is Uniquiness
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AHHH now Im at the point where I hope TLex does general maintence as well because I recently got a toyota inspection done on my camry and I now need to replace my valve covers and my water pump and my timing belt!! and they were asking me for 1500+ for all of that! timing belt is of no surprise the original owner never did.... but aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh so much money!!!!

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
^ you're in luck....t-lex is actually more for general maintenance than helping you install aftermarket parts...;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts