Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
SCCA Tech Services
2005 Corolla S
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today so far I took off the front end of my car(bumper, head lights, grill and fron valance). I then took off my left front fender because it is easier to do body work with a part off the car. Well after I got it off I looked at the back side of it and noticed there is a big bloch of putty on the back of it along with some rust around it. It looks like the car had a rust problem before my dad bought it(October 26, 1991) and the first owner had it fixed. They did a great job on the outside of the car because you couldn't tell it had been fixed. Only thing that worries me with that though is that the car had a rust problem before 10 years of being on the road. That is just terrible. Oh well that little bit of rust and a couple of dents on that fender and it is fixed. I am also going to removed the moldinds and emblems on them as well plus the pin striping to give it a lot cleaner look. Also I don't have a picture of the bumper yet but it is going to need some work. Rusted all over the place but I think I can cut and weld to fix that. Here is the link to the pictures.
http://www.classic-celica.com/modul...ame=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

·
camrys blow off too!
06 subaru wrx wagon
554 Posts
how did you go about cleaning up the rust on your sunroof? mine is rusting...and ive fixed it like 3 times now...haha im tired of feathering bondo

·
SCCA Tech Services
2005 Corolla S
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
silverstreakin said:
how did you go about cleaning up the rust on your sunroof? mine is rusting...and ive fixed it like 3 times now...haha im tired of feathering bondo

You have to put something to stop the rust to fix it. If you just put bondo on it the rust is not contained and fixed. They make things you can lay on there to turn the rust into "black rust" and that will stop the rust and then you can bondo and paint and you shouldn't have to worry about it comming back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts