Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Toyota Camry SE 2007
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i have a 2007 camry SE and a 2000 Camry and there seems to be a minor problem. Whenever i drive with the 2000 the car feels way better then the 2007. The 2007 while driving feels really stiff, its like you feel every bump. What could i do to make it smoother?

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Well SE is always stiff, you can change your springs to LE springs.

·
Registered
Toyota Camry SE 2007
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would that make it a little softer or smoother? :)

Its weird cuz like i said my 2000 feels so much more comfortable

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Oh yes, LE springs will make u float. :D

·
ALSO AVAILABLE IN SOBER
7,457 Posts
2 completely different cars... and one is 10 years old. I'd imagine there should be some difference in the spring rates after all that time. Add to that the implementation of larger diameter / shorter profile tires... LOTS of things can make a big difference.

·
2007 Camry SE V6
790 Posts
The SE has a slightly stiffer suspension versus the LE/XLE. Plus the previous generation Camrys were much more "floaty" and had pretty horrendous handling.

You might want to check the tire pressure and make sure it is not set to high. If you want a smoother ride, stick with the Toyota recommended 30psi cold all around.

·
Registered
Toyota Camry SE 2007
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was just wondering. Still deciding whether i should make the ride more luxurious or more sporty. :) I actually was considering to buy a lexus however they are too expensive and if buy a used one it would have a lot of miles on it

·
Registered
09 Camry
552 Posts
I play around with the air in my tires, when it's around 40 it seems to take the crappy roads here better

my SE drives very comfortablely in these bad Boston roads when I switch over in the winter to 205/60's

·
2010 Camry SE V6
2021 Toyota Camry TRD
3,245 Posts
I have an SE....and I'm trying to make it stiffer. Go figure.

·
Paul_09WhiteV6
09 XLE V6 White
6,677 Posts
meh se is soft compared to coils. see if anyone with xle or le wants to trade for ur se components.

·
I4Cam
Camry LE 08
72 Posts
meh se is soft compared to coils. see if anyone with xle or le wants to trade for ur se components.
Pawel I offered to trade. lol. If Futuro is while to trade struts and springs than i am whiling to do the same.
If i stand corrected it should be a plug and play to just to take out LE and SE and make a swap?

·
I4Cam
Camry LE 08
72 Posts
yup just plug n play
Than thats awesome. :thumbsup:
I would love to trade. Futuro the offer is on the table if u want a softer ride. OR even yet u can go to the toyota deal and drive a LE camry n c if thats wat u like. Drop me a PM if ur interested Futuro.

·
Registered
424 Posts
The ride in my 2007 Camry XLE was also harsh and you felt each bump in the road. In addition, the left front strut lost its charge and started to leak which caused the left front to drop after a bump. I replaced all four struts with new KYB GR2 struts (PNs: 339023; 339024; 339043; 339044) and replaced the front strut bearings. Including an alignment, the entire job cost me about $500.00 (instead of $1500 to $2000 at the dealer or good independent shop) because I did it myself. The ride is now very comfortable and controlled and I am very happy I did it.

G

·
should I consider coilovers for my 20" rims? I want 20's on my '07 SE so I should lower the car a tad. what's the best way to go for looks and overall suspension quality?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts