Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Official Acura Troll
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the title says....

u guys think i should go with a K20A (ITR) swap which would give me a 6spd, LSD, better FD, 220hp at the fly....

OR

a summer car, like a deuce turbo, 300Z turbo, 944 or 928. I'd love to get a 928, but tehy're hard tofind in my price range. same with the Z, it's doubtful i'd find one in my price.

btw, i'll have around 6-7k to spend.

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
MMMM...... 5-spd 300ZX 2+2 TT w/ T-tops. That's what I was looking for before I got my 2. The only thing I wasn't sure about was the maintainance.... I think they can't get pretty pricey to fix. I was also considering a '93 - '95 RX-7 TT, but I hear those have a lot of turbo problems and require a lot of maintainance. MR2's are bad ass.... you could probably pick a turbo up for around that price... but make sure it's in good condition.

Another thing... I wouldn't do the swap to gain you 20hp (that is if your driving the type-s). It would probably be more cost effective to mod what you have now.... but I'm not a Honda guy.... so couldn't really tell you.

·
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
^ If it is a Type-S.... they don't have anything for the other one... or I'm not seeing it. If you have a Type-S I would do that too.... 270hp is pretty bitchin for that car.

·
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Probably.... it's a honda.... they are like Mr. Potato Head.... you could shove the parts from any car anywhere and they will fit.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Shitty torque curve, but that would be a FAST car.

However, the RSX is so cool because what they did with a N/A engine, and it would be a shame to turbo that!

What would $5000 at a tune shop do to the RSX's engine without a turbo? Could you get it tweaked even more and get another 30, 40 HP from it?

A 'summer car' could be fun.

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
MRQturbo said:
ITRs are five speeds....rsx's type s are six speeds....would u be able to swap an ITR motor and adapt the six speed RSX tranny to work??....thats what is confusing me.....
The JDM RSX is an integra and the Integra Type R's in Japan are 6 speeds. He is just gonna swap the JDM drivetrain in.

I would not bother doing that either for only 20hp though. I would go turbo or get an Hondata flash, cams and IHE bolt ons. That will put you in the 13's by itself. Well at least it would if you had a 6 speed. Not sure how it will do with the auto.

If you just don't want to mod an automatic which is very understandable, then get a summer car. I vote for the porche or MR2 turbo.

·
RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG
516 Posts
for 6-7000 i would go to cybernation. they are one of the leading turbo kit builders for the rsx. go to clubrsx.com and go in the forums, look up cybernation. you'll be very happy if you go with them.

·
Official Acura Troll
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
gah! i've got a base rsx, hence hte auto u see in my sig.

meaning....i've got 160 hp, like 120 to the wheels:rolleyes:

thus, 220 at the fly would be worth it. and most turbo kits wouldn't be worht it, especially cuz the auto sux.

and yeah, what talisman said about the 6spd.

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
trade in ur auto RSX...use the money u have around and put that towards getting a type s..much better in long run than doing a swap or turbo'ing it.....resale value on swaps will kill you.....

·
Official Acura Troll
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well i wouldn't sell it if i did a swap, so that doesn't matter.

and if i traded in the auto, i'd get like 2k, cuz we're still paying on it.:(

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
factor in the cost of converting an auto to manual swap...that will eat a big chunk of your budget....that conversion is not cheap....i'd keep ur rsx as ur daily driver...and pick up a project car...for 6-7k..u have lots of room to decide on what car to purchase....my obvious choice would be the mr2 turbo...but u'll have to spend more money once u get the car to maintain it....u'll be hard pressed to find a decent one for ur budget that u won't have to maintain.....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts