Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
straight cash homie
21,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/08/11/pickup-crossover-and-rwd-coupe-being-considered-for-scion/
Scion is about to expand its initial three-model lineup with a rather intriguing new vehicle that's set to take on the Smart Fortwo as the microcar of choice for those looking to downsize as far as humanly possible. While the upcoming iQ is a pretty nifty machine, it won't be quite practical for a large number of drivers here in the United States.

Hence, it's not entirely surprising that Scion is reportedly considering a possible fifth, sixth or even seventh model. As before, talk of a small pickup truck is apparently on the table. Interestingly, Scion vice president Jack Hollis suggests that something like the Toyota A-BAT concept could be revived in Scion guise.

Another possible Scion model could be based on the love-it-or-(more-likely)-hate-it Hako Concept from the 2008 New York Auto Show. Finally – and certainly most interestingly for enthusiasts – a small, rear-wheel-drive sport coupe is also on the table for consideration. We know where we're casting our vote...
A small pickup would be a nice niche to fill, not major but potential since there's nothing there. A RWD coupe is everyone's dream here as well, so cross our fingers. Hako Coupe? ACK.

·
CRESSIDA!!!
1984 Toyota Cressida
5,632 Posts
A pickup and Scion don't mesh well, unless it's like a sporty/tuner esque one, but they have the Taco X-Runner for that.

·
Newbie One Kanobi
2003 Toyota ECHO!!
8,986 Posts
^^I think its okay as long as its a compact, funky, and usable truck. Like maybe a bigger version or truck version of the first xB as far as design (exterior).

I don't know. I'm not that into trucks so I could care less but...whatever:D

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Scion is doomed to repeat the mistakes of Saturn. Besides the fact you can't deal on them (always a great combination) they sound like they're on course to just sell things Toyota already sells (trucks, crossovers). And by doing that it broadens the market you're competing against. On top of that, Subaru found out the small funky truck thing doesn't work with the Baja.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts