Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

2 years ago, i change my front absorber with pair of Greber Heavy Duty, rubber upper and lower coil spring with mounting absorber. I notice my front car got too high, even cat can sleep at wheel. It already being high for 2 years.

Now change front absorber with pair of KYB Excel G, with new coil spring from KSW. Still my front got too high.

Here i attach picture for reference. Please advice.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
The spring is clearly incorrect for your car, thus the obvious and significant height increase, for the past two years.

The major strut manufactures do sell all in one assemblies that contain a new spring. This might be the cheapest way to achieve OEM ride height. Otherwise, you will have to buy a new spring or pull one from the junk yard, if your country has one.

·
One with the farce
3,900 Posts
Comparing the two Corolla pics, it appears that the spring seat is facing one way in the OP’s car, and the opposite way in corollacoaster’s car.

·
イリジウム
15,030 Posts
The picture does look odd. However, if you're sure the strut and springs are indeed correct for the car, then as corollacoaster said, it may be the smaller aspect ratio of those tires used on aftermarket wheels.

Measuring the height from ground to the lower control arm mounting point on the chassis and compare that to another Corolla.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My '98 Corolla has 195 r65 14 tires and it looks almost like yours.
Comparing the two Corolla pics, it appears that the spring seat is facing one way in the OP’s car, and the opposite way in corollacoaster’s car.
Hi guys.

2 years ago, i change my front absorber with pair of Greber Heavy Duty, rubber upper and lower coil spring with mounting absorber. I notice my front car got too high, even cat can sleep at wheel. It already being high for 2 years.

Now change front absorber with pair of KYB Excel G, with new coil spring from KSW. Still my front got too high.

Here i attach picture for reference. Please advice. View attachment 391474
View attachment 391473
well i guest need to find it scrap yard. Hope i get the original, not
The spring is clearly incorrect for your car, thus the obvious and significant height increase, for the past two years.

The major strut manufactures do sell all in one assemblies that contain a new spring. This might be the cheapest way to achieve OEM ride height. Otherwise, you will have to buy a new spring or pull one from the junk yard, if your country has one.
Mmm. i'm assume previous owner this car already change spring as well before me since the ride height not changing at all. Guest i have to find at junk yard, hope i find the original spring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi guys, update for my abnormal height my car.

After pull out KWS coil spring, compared to used Levin BRZ coil spring i get from junk yard, it been confirmed that KWS has more high than normal. Also, since my front car rise high, the absorber become less functional, causing the hard kick back when drive into uneven road.

Now my ride get low as normal condition, and ride is very comfort.
Crankset Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle handlebar Automotive tire

Left side: KWS (new)
Right side: used Levin BRZ

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

After alignment

1 - 10 of 10 Posts