Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
When I priced it out for the 5FSE it was within a few $ of the OEM parts. Why not just stick with OEM? As far as I can tell Toyota did a great job with the car and engine so why rethink what they put in? I consider aftermarket when the difference is in the 100s or even $20 but when it comes to <$5 why bother?

·
Registered
1995 Camry LE Wagon
5,599 Posts
Colleen, if your tight for cash just go to parts store. I've done this for years and never had a problem with cap and rotor. Parts stores will warranty parts. It's a used car.

Why do you think you need to replace the cap & rotor?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
when i start the car it runs fine ....then when it gets to operating temperature it starts to miss. My understanding after reading the boards as someone suggested i do before posting changing the plugs, cap and rotor might help...I just want to get my car back running again... I will try this and see what happens... thank you

·
Registered
1995 Camry LE Wagon
5,599 Posts
I doubt your symptoms are connected to cap & rotor. It could be a problem with your engine coolant temp sensor (ECT). What ambient temps are you experiencing now?

The only way to test the sensor is with an OHM meter. You'd test cold then test hot and compare the readings to spec. If the hot reading is closer to the cold reading then you're running rich. Does it miss at higher RPMs (Open throttle) as well as idle?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It only does it when you put a load on the motor. I changed the hose that had the leak. took it out for test drive ...around the block it seemed great, good idle. let it run in my driveway seems okay idled okay. the gauges all worked warmed the car up to operating temperature, still was okay. then when i drove into garage I could feel the missing. My neighbor gave it gas said he was testing it and that is when he said it misses when he puts a load on motor. He said the missing might be from old plugs. I will share this post with him, about your ideas...He is on vacation... I really appreciate your help thank you.

·
'93 LE Wagon V6 '94 LE I4
'93 V6 wagon, '94 I4 Sedan
1,186 Posts
I have the same car. When I got it I did plugs, wires, cap, and rotor all at one go to establish a baseline. I used Denso platinum plugs and wires and Beck Arnley cap and rotor. That really smoothed things out. That miss when you put a load on the engine is typical of ignition components in need of replacement.
FWIW
YMMV

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.