Toyota Nation Forum banner

Absurd pricing for a Clock

2K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  Mendelzon 
#1 ·
I called numerous Toyota dealerships to replace the Digital Clock in the dash (2001 SLE), expecting a price of around $100. They are telling me that the price for just the clock is $508.61!!!! - unreal! The Toyota part number is 83910-AA020

any suggestions on where else I could pick one up?

#6 ·
The clock removes from the trim panel easily, two screws once you remove the panel. The panel just pries out (use a screwdriver with tape on it, it has tabs all along te edges). You can pick up a used clock on eBay for maybe $20-50 if your patient. Try car-part.com and getusedparts.com also. Your 2001 model clock should be interchangeable with any clock from any 99-02 Solara but check the pictures and connector first.

If your apprehensive about removing the panel or anything, get ahold of a Haynes manual at AutoZone or the like, or go to the parts department at a dealer and ask for a breakdown prinout with the diagrams of how the panel comes apart.

Also, when I disconnect my clock, my turn signals stop - though with yours it's probably just the screen part that's dead.

PM me if you need help finding one or replacing it :).

#9 ·
you want excessive?

E-350 Cube Van Factory Head Unit
NO TAPE DECK
NO CD DECK
JUST
RADIO & CLOCK

$890CDN and it'll take a week to ship it in

the bastards have a special harness on it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.